"Probably the best wish for a dreamer: Be underestimated", 잫읻 젤지옥루
Posted on February 27th, 2013 3 comments
Windows Phone 8 version of RADYO is now available for download with zero price tag!
Some of the features of the first version are as follows:
RADYO is a comprehensive global radio entertainment application which lets you listen to various music stations all over the world.
RADYO project has been active since 2009 with your sincere support and it has inspired many music applications during it’s development. Again, as we hope, with your help we will keep listening to radio with RADYO in the year 2013 too!
We all love music! Different style, different life, the same feeling!
- Customizable application home screen. Home screen will also be automatically arranged to make it easier for you to reach your favorite music!
- Record your favorite stations to playback whenever you want!
- Automatic Station Scanning. RADYO can change stations automatically until you like a station!
- Listening History. You are looking for the song you’ve just listened? You can see what you have listened recently, find them on Youtube or Bing/Google with one click!
- Multi-format support. RADYO supports nearly all popular streaming servers. You can listen to streams of Windows Media Servers, ShoutCAST, IceCAST and direct file.
- Playlist file support. You can open .pls, .m3u, .m3u8, .asx,.. extensions.
- radyo:// url protocol. RADYO supports it’s own url mechanism that lets listeners easily share stations between them.
- Multi-Language and Multi-Region support! RADYO immediately localizes itself according to the current country and language.
- Song – Artist images. RADYO will automatically show currently playing song’s or artist’s images!
- Automatic station-list updating service.
- Most listened stations
- Auto-play last station
- Favorite list
- Sharing features (Between applications and Twitter – Facebook support)
- Dynamic categorization and search system. Immediately filter out station list even in your custom lists or favorites list!
- In-App contact form
Posted on December 21st, 2012 No comments
Today, I woke up in a day that i have seen RADYO in the first page of Windows 8 Store! It is very happy to see RADYO featured on Windows 8 Store. Thank you Microsoft Turkiye, Microsoft and cool RADYO users!
Posted on September 26th, 2012 No comments
RADYO is now available on everywhere you see Windows 8! With this addition, RADYO is now available on PCs, Macs, iPads, iPod Touches, iPhones and will be available on mobile phones running with Windows 8 like Windows Phone 8 and Nokia’s new phones.
Here is the story!
Since the beginning of RADYO project, i have wanted it to work on Windows platform too. I couldn’t achieve it because of many reasons. I have needed enough time to make a Windows version and making it fulltime should require some kind of income from the project. Eventhough i have made many plans, those were not feasible at that time for me.
I had had many oportunuties in the past and i missed all of them for the sake of unknown ones. This time i think i succeeded in catching one of these opportunities.
I was watching one of the meetings of etohum (a great platform for entrepreneurs or wannabes) that is directed by Burak Buyukdemir. While watching the live video broadcast of the meeting, Melek Pulatkonak (DPE Lead, Microsoft Turkiye) has shown up on the stage and she talked about Windows Phone too. Well, that could be the opportunity for me to bring RADYO to Windows! Finaly?!
She directed me to the great team of Microsoft Turkiye so i can get more help related to the topic. That was the time i started getting the support of Microsoft Turkiye and after 71 days later RADYO was up and running! RADYO was completed on June 2012. After days full of nightmare on the beta of the Windows 8… I was developing an application on an unfinished operating system! How scary is that?! How possible is that?
Well (: Not that scary, not that impossible. With the amazing support from Microsoft, i was able to develop the application and it was also great to see how the bugs in the Windows 8 betas got fixed quickly.
I have not developed for Windows platform for 11 years and coding+porting RADYO for Windows 8 took only 71 days! This duration was not only composed of coding, it also includes Quality Labs meetings in Microsoft office, learning the new platform and surfing through community forums. It was almost impossible for me to get an access token because of the time left for the acceptance; i haven’t even started it! (access token is a code that lets you get your app on the store before almost anyone). Actually i did get it! Microsoft Team was quite patient and kind.
To make this long story short, I might not be able to bring RADYO to Windows this soon without Melek Pulatkonak, Microsoft Turkiye. (I think they wouldn’t want me to write their names one by one here; so i thank to all of them one by one eventhough they represent Microsoft.) and Burak Buyukdemir. Thank you!
RADYO for Windows is a huge opportunity and i hope everything will be and will stay OK!
RADYO succeeded in being one of the first projects available in Windows Store and a blog post related to this took place on official Microsoft Turkiye Blog: http://blog.microsoft.com.tr/windows-8-magaza-turkiyeye-acildi.html
I am happy to see that i finished what i started, now it is not an unfinished bussiness (:
(Including RADYO at the rightside of the screen, this screenshot is shared by Selcuk Uzun,Microsoft Turkiye on Microsoft Turkiye Blog)
On the date of this post, RADYO is the most comprehensive and advanced radio entertainment application available on Windows Store.