"Probably the best wish for a dreamer: Be underestimated", 잫읻 젤지옥루
Posted on May 22nd, 2013 No comments
RADYO is continuously compared with other apps those having the ability of streaming audio.
As I’ve heard that RADYO is not better than other applications. I had to see if that’s really correct, so I could make important changes on the application. The result of the test: RADYO is far better than alternatives.
See it yourself, here is the proof:
Not enough? Don’t trust me, why don’t you try it yourself on your phone?
Posted on May 10th, 2013 No comments
Once upon a time, I have written a blog post related to optimizations for X numbers of users: http://cahit.hayalet.net/blog/543/harmless-future-optimizations-for-xillions (opens in new window)
I have found another good example to this today:
Could you catch it?
Live Tile of Mail application in my Windows Phone 8 device shows 478, the number of new/unread emails.
The Question: Is it O.K.?
For me, not.
What would a possible response be?
Dudetta! Read some mails and it’ll drop to 2 digits or just touch the tile for god sake!
This answer is soooo COOL! O-yeah!
The Question: Why not fix it?
Possible Answer: Fix what?
This may be an understandable problem for some and i respect them, however i do it for none of my projects. If i wait a little longer it will hit 4 digits. I just can’t answer users and customers with “Read some of them, just touch it and it’ll clear”. According to “me”, it should have been optimized for ironically large numbers of emails. I am almost sure that it wouldn’t take much time to change the tile design according to the number of digits of unread emails.
I don’t think that they ever tested the tile for 3 digits, because I am sure that they would find a way to fix it (like decreasing font-size etc..)
Supporting my old post, i still think that non-time consuming optimizations should be considered even at the first releases.
Posted on May 10th, 2013 No comments
If you have purchased your computer with Windows 8 already installed on it and if it is a really new computer (not just a batch with operating system replaced), you may never ask a question like this.
Problem: Applications those supposed to show video/audio, can’t show video/audio ; It may stay at “buffering” state forever, either internally or exposing this status to user visually too.
Discovery: I have found this problem, it’s visible reason and it’s visible solution while my application was being released as one of the first Windows 8 applications. I have received numerous messages through the contact form of my application and Windows Store reviews related to this problem. After some investigation i saw similar messages on other media-related applications too and when i tried those applications i saw the same problem really do exist on them too. So it was not a problem caused by my application.
Reason: You (or manufacturer) have probably installed non-Microsoft made display driver. Eventhough the relation between a display card driver and an audio application may not make sense, relation really goes down to Display driver-Microsoft Media infrastructure level.
Affected products: Any Windows 8 device with an old display adapter (WDDM 1.x) operating with NON-Microsoft display driver. (certified or not)
Official solutions: None yet. That may be possible, though it has still not been fixed since the beta versions. I have informed both Microsoft (face-to-face, MSDN forums and email) and display card manufacturers (email, forums): They couldn’t solve this issue or they don’t solve this issue and/or they won’t solve this issue. This issue MAY never be solved as i started to think that this is a low-level decision made by Microsoft. I never received information related to this situation, it may be being kept as a secret because of technical or marketing reasons.
Solution: Telling you to buy a new computer is not a solution but an alternative. You can fix this problem with only uninstalling your custom display driver. If you have installed many custom-display drivers (certified or not) uninstalling once may not fix the issue as you have to revert your display driver to Microsoft’s default display driver (Windows Display Driver Model 1.x)
Posted on May 3rd, 2013 No comments
Since 2009, users of RADYO are able to chat with other people listening to the same music with them!
Some facts about RADYO Chat:
- Over 60.000.000 messages have been written on RADYO chat platform!
- Over 10.000 lines of code were written in python and php excluding many more thousands of lines written in c, c++, .net, java and objective-c.
- It costs zer0 cents; it costs nothing, zilch, nada, nix, τίποτα, rien, hiçbir şey, niente, ничего..
- Works on dedicated hardware with instant fail-over cloud backup and making use of distributed systems.
- Has automated ranking and scoring system which runs more than 70 times a day with an algorithm that uses over 50 parameters extracted from user’s behavior on RADYO and additionally chat platform.
- Automated filtering system with smart censoring and banning according to the message contents and ranking of the user.
- Includes Like/Unlike features for chatters which makes it more fun to chat!
- Users can add friends and send private messages.
- Has operator system where people may get manual or automatic operator privileges according to their behaviors and score.
- Still the only application that includes a heavily maintained chat platform based on the music people are listening to.
- RADYO contact form transmits Chat related messages more than RADYO’s other features.
- It has many more features than almost any application having “chat” as their main feature of their apps.
- RADYO does not loose users who click on various “Chat related app” advertisements located in RADYO 😎
- Every single radio station is a private room!
- Users can send a complaint about any other user with just 2 touches. (1 for the nick, 1 for the action!)
- Users can mute whomever they want.
- People find their love 😳 , make new friends and have fun with their old friends.
- Chat rooms never stays silent! It is like a horror movie! 24/7 open the chat any time and you’ll find some one is there waiting for you already!