"Probably the best wish for a dreamer: Be underestimated", 잫읻 젤지옥루
Posted on January 18th, 2015 No comments
RADYO has been featured again on Windows Phone 3 times recently on 1st, 9th and 15th of Jan, 2015.
RADYO captured the first place on Android in Music category, leaving popular and well-known applications behind.
Besides in popularity in iOS devices, Mac OS X version got a lot of attention too!
Posted on March 25th, 2014 No comments
Posted on May 10th, 2013 No comments
Once upon a time, I have written a blog post related to optimizations for X numbers of users: http://cahit.hayalet.net/blog/543/harmless-future-optimizations-for-xillions (opens in new window)
I have found another good example to this today:
Could you catch it?
Live Tile of Mail application in my Windows Phone 8 device shows 478, the number of new/unread emails.
The Question: Is it O.K.?
For me, not.
What would a possible response be?
Dudetta! Read some mails and it’ll drop to 2 digits or just touch the tile for god sake!
This answer is soooo COOL! O-yeah!
The Question: Why not fix it?
Possible Answer: Fix what?
This may be an understandable problem for some and i respect them, however i do it for none of my projects. If i wait a little longer it will hit 4 digits. I just can’t answer users and customers with “Read some of them, just touch it and it’ll clear”. According to “me”, it should have been optimized for ironically large numbers of emails. I am almost sure that it wouldn’t take much time to change the tile design according to the number of digits of unread emails.
I don’t think that they ever tested the tile for 3 digits, because I am sure that they would find a way to fix it (like decreasing font-size etc..)
Supporting my old post, i still think that non-time consuming optimizations should be considered even at the first releases.
Posted on March 16th, 2013 No comments
Posted on February 27th, 2013 3 comments
Windows Phone 8 version of RADYO is now available for download with zero price tag!
Some of the features of the first version are as follows:
RADYO is a comprehensive global radio entertainment application which lets you listen to various music stations all over the world.
RADYO project has been active since 2009 with your sincere support and it has inspired many music applications during it’s development. Again, as we hope, with your help we will keep listening to radio with RADYO in the year 2013 too!
We all love music! Different style, different life, the same feeling!
- Customizable application home screen. Home screen will also be automatically arranged to make it easier for you to reach your favorite music!
- Record your favorite stations to playback whenever you want!
- Automatic Station Scanning. RADYO can change stations automatically until you like a station!
- Listening History. You are looking for the song you’ve just listened? You can see what you have listened recently, find them on Youtube or Bing/Google with one click!
- Multi-format support. RADYO supports nearly all popular streaming servers. You can listen to streams of Windows Media Servers, ShoutCAST, IceCAST and direct file.
- Playlist file support. You can open .pls, .m3u, .m3u8, .asx,.. extensions.
- radyo:// url protocol. RADYO supports it’s own url mechanism that lets listeners easily share stations between them.
- Multi-Language and Multi-Region support! RADYO immediately localizes itself according to the current country and language.
- Song – Artist images. RADYO will automatically show currently playing song’s or artist’s images!
- Automatic station-list updating service.
- Most listened stations
- Auto-play last station
- Favorite list
- Sharing features (Between applications and Twitter – Facebook support)
- Dynamic categorization and search system. Immediately filter out station list even in your custom lists or favorites list!
- In-App contact form